Lindendale, TX

By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Lindendale is twenty-four miles northeast of Boerne on Farm Road 1888 in northeastern Kendall County. It was named for the linden trees that grew along the Blanco River. Settlement of the area began in the 1860s, when the Gates family arrived and established an apple orchard. J. C. Hoge donated five acres with a log cabin for the Mount Glen school, which was later renamed Lindendale. The school had one teacher and twenty-seven students in 1905; it served the Lindendale area until the district was consolidated with the Blanco schools in 1951. A community center marked Lindendale on county highway maps in the 1980s, but no population estimates were available.

Kendall County Historical Commission, A History of Kendall County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1984). Garland A. Perry, Historic Images of Boerne, Texas (Boerne: Perry Enterprises, 1982).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Lindendale, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 24, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lindendale-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading