Lipantitlán State Historic Site is off Farm roads 624 and 70 just east of Orange Grove in far northwestern Nueces County. The five-acre park includes the site of the former Fort Lipantitlán, built by the Mexican government in 1831. The pioneer Bluntzer family donated the land to the state in 1937. The state Board of Control turned the land over to the State Parks Board in 1949. A stone marker was placed at the site in 1936, but by the 1980s no other improvements had been made aside from a few picnic tables.