Little's Chapel, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Little's Chapel was a sawmill community off State Highway 21 some sixteen miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The settlement was named for a church, probably organized before 1900, that served as the focus of the community. During the 1930s Little's Chapel had a church, a sawmill, and a number of houses. After World War II the sawmill closed, and many of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s only the chapel and a few scattered houses remained.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Little's Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/littles-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Littles Chapel
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1361520
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Nacogdoches County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.50601640°
  • Longitude: -94.40714850°