Live Oak, TX (Bee County)


By: Rebecca Leigh Kendall

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Live Oak was a mile west of Farm Road 673 in northwestern Bee County. The community was originally called Ryan's Neighborhood after John Ryan, who settled in the vicinity in 1834. In 1883, when the first church and school were built, the name was changed to Live Oak. In 1905 Live Oak had a school with fifty-one students and one teacher. The community had a school and scattered dwellings during the 1930s. By the early 1980s Live Oak was no longer shown on county highway maps.

Grace Bauer, Bee County Centennial, 1858–1958 (Bee County Centennial, 1958).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Rebecca Leigh Kendall, “Live Oak, TX (Bee County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/live-oak-tx-bee-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Live Oak
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bee County
Associated Names

Ryan's Neighborhood

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 28.58163300°
  • Longitude: -98.02038600°