Lockland, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Lockland was off Farm Road 3441 twelve miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County. The community grew up around a church founded in the late 1800s. A school was operating by 1906, when it had an enrollment of eleven. By the mid-1930s only an abandoned church, a vacant school building, and few houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Lockland, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lockland-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading