Lockranzie (Lockranzy) was an early settlement three miles west of the Angelina River and north of the Old San Antonio Road, near the site of present Linwood in eastern Cherokee County. It was founded in the 1840s by the Durst and Bean families, who operated a toll bridge nearby on the Angelina. A local post office opened in 1847 and at first was known as Anglin's or Anglin's Lockranzie. Surviving deed records indicate that a town was platted, and tradition holds that Peter Ellis Bean operated a store and stage stop there. Post office records show that the post office closed in 1851 and moved to the nearby settlement of Linwood, but some documents suggest that mail was delivered in Lockranzie until 1854. As late as 1854 W. W. Frizzell, a notary public, was registering deeds in his office in Lockranzie. With the rise of Linwood, however, the town declined, and by the mid-1850s the site was apparently abandoned.