Lone Pine, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Lone Pine, nine miles south of Crockett on Farm Road 231 in south central Houston County, was established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Lone Pine was a dispersed rural community for which no population estimates were available. By 2000 the population was listed as eighty-one.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Lone Pine, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lone-pine-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading