Lone Star, TX (Wise County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Lone Star was on Farm Road 1810 between Chico to the north and Decatur to the south in central Wise County. Settlement began in 1900, when a cotton gin was built. The village had a general store, a blacksmith shop, a school, a church, and a cemetery. The only remains of the settlement are the church and cemetery.

Rosalie Gregg, ed., Wise County History (Vol. 1, n.p: Nortex, 1975; Vol. 2, Austin: Eakin, 1982).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Lone Star, TX (Wise County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lone-star-tx-wise-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Lone Star
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1382193
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Wise County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.28289170°
  • Longitude: -97.71086570°