Lusk, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Lusk is on U.S. Highway 183 three miles southeast of Woodson and one mile north of the Stephens county line in southeast Throckmorton County. A post office was established there on May 12, 1900, with Lucie E. Lusk as postmistress. The population, fifty in 1929, had dropped by 1936 to twenty. In 1936 the town had two businesses. Only one business was reported during the 1940s and 1950s, and the post office was closed about 1954. Lusk appeared on county maps of the 1980s as a rural settlement. In 2000 the population was ten.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Lusk, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lusk-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Lusk
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380880
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Throckmorton County
Associated Names

New Town

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.97094580°
  • Longitude: -99.03201610°