Luxello was on Cibolo Creek and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line, eighteen miles northeast of downtown San Antonio in northeastern Bexar County. The community, known briefly as Landa, was probably first settled around 1900. A post office opened there in 1915 but closed a short time later. Luxello was named for Charles Lux, who served as its first postmaster. In 1915 Luxello had a population of thirty-five. The community declined during the 1920s, but in the mid-1930s it still had a store, a station, and several houses. In 1930 and again in 1940 its population was reported as twenty-five. With the growth of nearby Selma and Universal City after World War II, the community lost its distinctive character, and by the late 1980s it was no longer shown on maps.