Luzon, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: August 9, 2012


Luzon was a southeastern Kent County settlement established before 1900. A post office, granted on May 18, 1899, with Samuel A. McComb as postmaster, served the area until it was discontinued and moved to Jayton in 1930. Although the small ranching community was in existence in the 1940s, no evidence of it remained on 1980 county maps.

Jim Wheat, Postmasters and Post Offices of Texas, 1846–1930 (Microfilm, Grover C. Ramsey Papers, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin).

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Luzon, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/luzon-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
August 9, 2012

Place
Luzon
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Kent County
Associated Names

Rad

Schley

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.13802100°
  • Longitude: -100.52216700°