Lynch, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Lynch, on State Highway 35 eight miles west of Emory in western Rains County, was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of fifty-four. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Lynch, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/lynch-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading