Macedonia, TX (Henderson County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Macedonia is off Farm Road 2709 nine miles northwest of Athens in northwestern Henderson County. The community evidently developed during the latter half of the 1800s. A school was operating there by 1906, when it had an enrollment of thirty-seven. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school closed and the church was disbanded. In the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Macedonia, TX (Henderson County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/macedonia-tx-henderson-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading