Macedonia was on Opossum Creek and Farm Road 971, 2½ miles southwest of Granger in northeast Williamson County.A church was built on Opossum Creek in 1855 near the site of the community and had a congregation of thirteen families. The population of Macedonia was augmented in the 1870s by the arrival of German-Wendish settlers. The town was a polling place for the local option vote in 1878 (see PROHIBITION), and camp meetings were held on the banks of nearby Opossum Creek.By 1885 Macedonia was a thriving community with Baptist and Methodist churches, a cotton gin, a school, a cooperative store called the Grange, and a Masonic lodge. However, the town declined rapidly after it was bypassed by the Katy Railroad, and nearby Granger, which grew up around a railway station after 1884, soon eclipsed Macedonia. The Masonic lodge was moved to Granger in the mid-1880s; the store and, somewhat later, the churches and the gin followed. Macedonia's school still had ninety-nine pupils in 1900 but gradually declined thereafter until it was consolidated with the Palacky school in 1949. In 1988 all that remained at Macedonia was a cemetery.