Mackiesville, TX


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Mackiesville was eleven miles northeast of Lockhart in northeastern Caldwell County. A post office was established there in 1890 and probably served as the post office for St. John Colony. In the 1890s Mackiesville had a cotton gin and gristmill, a general store, and fifteen residents. The post office was discontinued in 1904, and the community faded. Mackiesville did not appear on county highway maps, and no further population estimates were available.

Plum Creek Almanac, Spring 1988.
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Mackiesville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mackiesville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Place
Mackiesville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Caldwell County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.96472220°
  • Longitude: -97.54666670°