Magee Bend, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Magee Bend, on State Highway 94 five miles east of Groveton in north central Trinity County, was first settled around the time of the Civil War. The community was named for Evan J. Magee, an early settler. A church, organized in 1922, has served as the focal point of the community. In the 1920s and 1930s the community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. In the early 1990s the church and a few houses still remained.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Magee Bend, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/magee-bend-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading