Mann, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Mann, formerly a rural community three miles north of Pursley on the postal route from Corsicana in south central Navarro County, was probably established in the mid-1890s. A post office operated from 1896 until 1904. At its height around 1900 the small community had a store, a gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it was no longer shown on highway maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Mann, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mann-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading