Mantha, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Mantha was fourteen miles southwest of Pittsburg and five miles southwest of Leesburg in far southwestern Camp County. The settlement was the site of a post office from 1895 until 1901, and in 1896 it had an estimated population of ten. By 1910 it had ceased to exist as a named community.

Artemesia L. B. Spencer, The Camp County Story (Fort Worth: Branch-Smith, 1974).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Mantha, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mantha-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Place
Mantha
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Camp County
Associated Names

Felton

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.92605300°
  • Longitude: -95.12939200°