Oscar Milton Marchman, eye, ear, nose, and throat specialist, was born on April 5, 1872, in Jefferson, Texas, the son of William R. and Fannie (Franks) Marchman. He attended Alexander Institute in Kilgore for two years and became a registered pharmacist before attending Washington University in St. Louis, where he received his medical degree in 1899. Marchman completed his residency at Lakeside Hospital in Cleveland and received postgraduate training in New York, Chicago, Vienna, St. Louis, and New Orleans. He was a general practitioner in Mineola and Grand Saline before moving to Dallas in 1906. After 1924 he limited his practice to otolaryngology. On October 26, 1911, he married Martha Jenkins. They had two children, including a son, Oscar Marchman, Jr., who became an ophthalmologist. Marchman served on the staff of Baylor and Texas Children's hospitals and as a professor at Baylor University College of Medicine in Dallas before it moved to Houston in 1943. He was head of the Department of Clinical Otolaryngology at Southwestern Medical School. During World War II he was in the Selective Service and later received a medal for his work. In 1946 he helped found the Dallas Health and Science Museum at Fair Park (see SCIENCE PLACE). In 1906 Marchman was president of the Dallas chapter of the American Red Cross. From 1907 to 1911 he served as secretary of the Dallas Board of Health. He was president of the Van Zandt County Medical Society, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Dallas and the Texas Ophthalmological and Otolaryngological societies. He was a member of the Texas Medical Association for more than fifty years; he served as vice president for a while and was made a member emeritus in 1955. He also had membership in the American Medical Association, Southern Medical Association, and World Medical Association. Marchman belonged to the Greater Dallas Planning Council, the Dallas Historical Society, the Dallas Athletic Club, and the Exchange Club. He was a Mason and Baptist deacon. He died in Dallas on May 24, 1959.