The Marshall Review, successor to the Sabine Advocate at Pulaski, was published by L. A. W. Laird, formerly of the San Augustine Redlander, in cooperation with a Dr. Shelton and a man named Stinson. Laird became proprietor by April 1843. The paper was issued between January and sometime in November or December 1843.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
Joe B. Frantz, Newspapers of the Republic of Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Anonymous, “Marshall Review,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 21, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/marshall-review.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.