Massey Lake, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Massey Lake is a rural community on Farm Road 2054 fourteen miles northwest of Palestine and two miles southwest of Tennessee Colony in western Anderson County. It was named for an early area landowner. A post office was opened in Massey Lake in 1922, and the community had an estimated population of twenty in 1925. During the 1930s and 1940s Massey Lake had one business, two churches, two schools, and a number of scattered dwellings. Its post office was discontinued about 1956. The community population was consistently estimated at twenty through 1966, the last year for which figures were available. In 1985 Massey Lake had a church, a school, two businesses, and several homes.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Massey Lake, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/massey-lake-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Massey Lake
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378648
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Associated Names

Dowson Springs

Franklinville

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.81211200°
  • Longitude: -95.86829540°
Population Counts
People Year
30 2009