Masters, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Masters is on Farm Road 923 seven miles southeast of Throckmorton and eight miles northwest of Woodson in south central Throckmorton County. A post office, with Emma Masters as postmistress, was in service from January 6, 1905, until it was discontinued and moved to Woodson on August 31, 1911. The village consisted of twenty persons and one business in 1945. County maps of the 1980s showed the rural community and nearby Bush Knob Cemetery in an oil-producing region south of Throckmorton.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Masters, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/masters-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Masters
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Throckmorton County
Associated Names

Pleasant Valley

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.09649600°
  • Longitude: -99.14340810°