Maxwelton, TX


By: Alice Gray Upchurch

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Maxwelton, twelve miles from San Saba in southeastern San Saba County, was originally called Holland Hill for David Holland, who arrived in the county in 1855. Z. T. Maxwell operated a truck farm and cannery in 1905. A post office, secured on April 26, 1907, and operated in the home of Benjamin C. Maxwell, was discontinued on December 15, 1917.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Alice Gray Upchurch, “Maxwelton, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/maxwelton-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Maxwelton
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Saba County
Associated Names

Holland Hill