The Handbook of Texas is free-to-use thanks to the support of readers like you. Support the Handbook today.

Font size: A / A reset

Support Texas History Now


Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.

Become a TSHA Member Today »

Midcity, TX

Christopher Long General Entry

Midcity, at the junction of U.S. Highway 271 and Farm Road 906, fourteen miles northeast of Paris in northern Lamar County, was settled around 1900. During the mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, and a number of houses; several stores were also located in the area. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the 1990s Midcity still had a church and several businesses. By 2000 the population was reported as fifty.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Midcity, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 13, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/midcity-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Loading