Midway, TX (Red River County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Midway is off Farm Road 410 twenty-four miles northwest of Clarksville in northwestern Red River County. The community was settled by 1900. A two-teacher school was in operation in 1907, when it had an enrollment of 131. In the mid-1930s Midway had a church, a school, and a number of houses. The school was closed around the time of World War II, but in the early 1990s a church, a community center, and a few scattered dwellings still remained. The population was forty in 2000.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Midway, TX (Red River County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/midway-tx-red-river-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Loading