Moccasin Gap, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Moccasin Gap was on Farm Road 3154 2½ miles north of Groveton in central Trinity County. It was apparently settled around 1900 by several families from Rankin County, Mississippi. By the 1930s a school and a church were in the area. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Moccasin Gap, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/moccasin-gap-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading