Moffett, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Moffett is on Farm Road 842 six miles northeast of Lufkin in northern Angelina County. The area was evidently first settled prior to 1900. By the 1930s the settlement had a sawmill, a store, a church, and a number of houses. Since World War II many residents have left the area, but in the early 1990s Moffett was still a dispersed rural community with a church, a store, and a community center. By 2000 the population was 100.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Moffett, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/moffett-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading