Moglia, TX


By: Michael D. Deane

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Moglia, on Farm Road 2050 fifteen miles north of Bruni and forty-five miles northeast of Laredo in eastern Webb County, was named for Lod Moglia, the original grantee of land. Lodovico Moglia operated a general store between 1900 and 1920. The population of the community was reported as twenty-five from 1920 to 1940. A post office operated there from 1913 to 1916. Highway maps of 1948 showed two residences in Moglia, and the community was still listed on highway maps in the 1980s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Michael D. Deane, “Moglia, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/moglia-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Moglia
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Webb County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 27.59147900°
  • Longitude: -98.84948200°