Moores', TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Moores', also known as Mooresville, was two miles northeast of Redwater off present U.S. Highway 67 in eastern Bowie County. It was named for Col. Charles Moores, on whose property the post office was located in 1841. Methodist circuit minister John W. P. McKenzie organized an early church there in 1842. The post office was discontinued in 1866. Later maps show no evidence of the community.

J. J. Scheffelin, Bowie County Basic Background Book (n.d.).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Moores', TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/moores-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading