Morris, TX (DeWitt County)


By: Nellie Murphree

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Morris, three miles southwest of Yoakum in DeWitt County, was organized as a school community in June 1891 on land deeded by J. P. Morris of Coleman County. The school operated until 1950. The 1965 county highway map indicates that the school building was then serving as a community hall for the surrounding rural area.

Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Nellie Murphree, “Morris, TX (DeWitt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/morris-tx-dewitt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Morris
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1377596
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • DeWitt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.27246960°
  • Longitude: -97.19582070°