Morris, TX (Falls County)


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 1, 1995


Morris, three miles west of Mooreville in northwestern Falls County, was established in the early 1880s and named for John Morris, an early rancher. In 1905 the Morris school had one teacher and fifty-five students. County highway maps from the 1940s showed a church and a few scattered houses. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps in the 1980s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Morris, TX (Falls County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/morris-tx-falls-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 1, 1995

Place
Morris
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Falls County