Mosely, TX (Upton County)


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: February 1, 1995


Mosely existed as an Upton County post office from 1906 until 1908. The station was named for the Ed Mosely family and was located twenty-five miles northeast of the site of present Rankin. The small community appeared on a 1929 state map but not on more recent county maps. County maps of the 1980s showed the area northeast of Rankin to be a sparsely settled oil-producing region.

Nancy Ethie Eagleton, On the Last Frontier: A History of Upton County, Texas (El Paso: Texas Western Press, 1971).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Mosely, TX (Upton County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mosely-tx-upton-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

February 1, 1995

Place
Mosely
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Upton County
Associated Names

Moseley