Christopher Otto Moser, dairy farmer and organizer of farmers' organizations, was born in Dallas, Texas, on May 29, 1885, to Christian and Anna (Buhrer) Moser. He was raised at the family dairy just outside the city, attended Dallas public schools, and received a B.S. degree from Texas A&M College in 1904. He was an apostle of scientific dairying. His first position was that of state feed inspector at his alma mater in 1905. He managed an experimental government dairy farm at Denison in 1907, then returned to A&M in 1908 to teach animal husbandry. Applying his expertise to business, he organized three companies: the Moser Hygienic Dairy Company in Dallas (1908), of which he was president and general manager until 1912; the Coons-Moser Silo Company (1910), of which he was also manager until 1915; and the North Texas Creamery Company (1912), of which he was president and general manager until 1915. He was also a proprietor of the Moser Construction Company from 1910 to 1915 and a director of the Commerce Security Company. By the end of 1915 Moser withdrew from most of his business activities to devote his energies to scientific and cooperative agriculture. He served as the Dallas County agricultural extension agent from 1914 to 1920 and received an award as the most valuable county agent in the United States. He was instrumental in reorganizing the Texas Dairymen's Association, of which he was secretary-treasurer for two years, and helped organize the Dallas County Seed Breeders Association in 1915, the Texas Holstein-Friesian Breeders Club, of which he was president, in 1917, and the Texas Farm Bureau Federation in 1919.
After World War I he turned his attention to cotton cooperatives, which he hoped would form the basis of southern community cooperation beyond the agricultural realm. He organized and was secretary-manager of the Texas Farm Bureau Cotton Association (1919–21) and helped initiate state cooperatives from South Carolina to California. These he ultimately organized into the American Cotton Growers Exchange, of which he was secretary and manager from 1921 to 1925 and president and general manager from 1925 to 1930. In 1930 the exchange became the American Cotton Cooperative Association, and Moser moved to new Orleans to serve as vice president and secretary in charge of membership and public relations. He was vice president and secretary of the Cotton Stabilization Corporation and a director of the American Cottonpicker Association. While chairman of the American Institute of Cooperation in 1929 he organized and became the first president of the National Cooperative Council. He was a member of the executive committees of both organizations, as well as that of the National Agricultural Council. In 1934 he resigned from the National Cooperative Council to become president of the Institute of American Fats and Oils in Washington, D.C., and worked to promote markets for American-grown fats and oils, especially cottonseed oil. Throughout his career Moser ran a dairy farm near Dallas and produced cotton. On a ranch at Texarkana he raised cattle and planted pecan trees. He married Norma Kate Nagle of Denison on January 4, 1911; they had three sons. In 1914–15 Moser served as president of the A&M ex-students' association. He was also a Mason and a Presbyterian. He died on July 11, 1935, at his home in Silver Springs, Maryland, and was buried in Dallas.