Mount Nebo, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Mount Nebo, on Pisgah Ridge seven miles south of Corsicana in south central Navarro County, was established by 1900, when a school was in operation there; in 1906 it had thirty-five students. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a church, a school, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the Richland school, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses were left in the area. No Mount Nebo population estimates are available.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Mount Nebo, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mount-nebo-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading