Mount Pisgah, TX (Van Zandt County)


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


Mount Pisgah is a rural community off Farm Road 2909 located between the Little Hope and Walnut Springs communities four miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. The local school was established by 1890, reached an enrollment of eighty-nine in 1905, and was consolidated with the Canton Independent School District by the 1950s. A cyclone on April 19, 1919, destroyed the local Baptist church, and its services were held in the school until a new church was constructed in 1928. The 1987 county highway map showed only the school, a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the site.

Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Mount Pisgah, TX (Van Zandt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mount-pisgah-tx-van-zandt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Place
Mount Pisgah
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1342092
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.50374900°
  • Longitude: -95.82774360°