Mount Rose, TX


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


Mount Rose was a rural community six miles southeast of Marlin on State Highway 6 in central Falls County. It was established sometime after 1872, when the Waco and Northwestern Railroad was built, and probably served as a flag stop. A school, a church, and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s. The railroad was abandoned in 1965, and the community faded. By the 1980s only a business and two churches were shown on maps of the area. In 2000 the population was twenty-six.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Mount Rose, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mount-rose-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Place
Mount Rose
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Falls County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.24869200°
  • Longitude: -96.84673700°
Population Counts
People Year
15 2014