Mozo, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Mozo is on the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad and Farm Road 971 nine miles northeast of Georgetown in central Williamson County. The community formed around a gin built about 1909 by the Mazoch family, and the name Mozo may be a corruption of Mazoch. The railroad built loading platforms by the gin, and a store, a community center, and a house for gin hands existed on the site at different times. In 1988 Mozo consisted of a few scattered farms.

Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Mozo, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mozo-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Mozo
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380224
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Williamson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.69158230°
  • Longitude: -97.52500490°