Mulvey, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Mulvey was on the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas railroad between Barnum and Fleming seventy miles northwest of Beaumont in eastern Polk County. The sawmill community was the site of the Mulvey Mills, owned by Allen and Company. In 1889 the mill had a daily capacity of 20,000 board feet. Mulvey, which appears on an 1897 railroad map of Texas, does not appear on subsequent editions.

W. T. Block, ed., Emerald of the Neches: The Chronicles of Beaumont from Reconstruction to Spindletop (Nederland, Texas: Nederland Publishing, 1980).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Mulvey, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mulvey-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Mulvey
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Polk County
Associated Names

Deason

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.94470500°
  • Longitude: -94.66707300°