Mustang, TX (Falls County)


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Mustang is on State Highway 14 nine miles northeast of Reagan in eastern Falls County. In 1905 the Mustang district had a one-teacher school and sixty students. During the late 1940s the community had a school, a church, a cemetery, and several scattered residences. The school was consolidated with the Bremond Independent School District of Robertson County in 1949. By the 1980s all that marked the community on county highway maps was the church and cemetery.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Mustang, TX (Falls County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/mustang-tx-falls-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Mustang
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380229
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Falls County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.25129020°
  • Longitude: -96.64192210°