Nada is on State Highway 71 in southern Colorado County. The original name of the town was Vox Populi (from Latin vox populi vox dei, "the voice of the people is the voice of God"); the present name is an American version of the Czechoslovakian word najda (hope). There is a small town near Nada, which is now known as Vox Populi. The first settlers were J. William Schoellmann and his family, who arrived in the area on February 15, 1881. In 1882 Florian Frnka opened a store and post office. Many of the early settlers were Germans and Czechs from the Frelsburg area. The town grew as more settlers arrived, and in 1894 a post office named Nada was opened. On October 7, 1897, the first church in Nada was dedicated, and in 1889 a schoolroom for eighteen students was built. The original site of Nada was approximately 200 yards east of the present site; the town's businesses were moved when the highway was built. In 1948 the Nada school district became part of the Garwood Independent School District. Nada had a population of 165 in 1986. The population remained the same in 2000.