Nameless is on Sandy Creek and just off Farm Road 1431 five miles northeast of Lago Vista in northwestern Travis County. It was settled in 1869. When residents of the community applied for a post office, they had difficulty getting the post office department to accept the names they suggested. After six names were rejected, residents wrote back saying, "Let the post office be nameless and be damned!" The department took them at their word, and a post office called Nameless was established in 1880. In 1884 Nameless reported a church, a district school, a general store, and fifty residents. Cotton, cedar posts, and rails were the principal commodities shipped from the area. The post office was discontinued in 1890, and mail for the community was sent to Leander. During the 1940s two churches, a business, and a few scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps. No further information was available.