Nathan, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: May 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Nathan was a farming community on Farm Road 357 sixteen miles northeast of Groveton in northeastern Trinity County. The exact site of the community is not known, but it may have been located on a small rise known as Goat Hill. The area was first settled around the time of the Civil War, but a community did not begin to develop until after 1900. A post office operated there from 1914 to 1923. The community apparently declined thereafter, and by the 1930s it was not shown on county highway maps.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Nathan, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/nathan-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

May 1, 1995

Loading