Needmore, TX (Nacogdoches County)


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


Needmore, five miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County, was probably established around 1900. During the 1930s the small community had a school and a number of houses, and several stores were in the area. Around the time of World War II the school was consolidated with those of Nacogdoches, and in the postwar years most of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Needmore, TX (Nacogdoches County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/needmore-tx-nacogdoches-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

Place
Needmore
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Nacogdoches County