Nelleva, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: August 1, 1995


Nelleva is at the intersection of a county road and Farm Road 2154 on the Southern Pacific Railroad, twenty-two miles southeast of Bryan in the southeast corner of Brazos County. It was founded about 1900 as a flag stop on the International-Great Northern Railroad. In 1940 the community had a church, a school, and several dwellings. The school had been consolidated with the Navasota schools by the 1960s, and in 1980 the community consisted of a few scattered homes. In 1992 Nelleva was still listed on state highway maps.

Glenna Fourman Brundidge, Brazos County History: Rich Past-Bright Future (Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Nelleva, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/nelleva-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
August 1, 1995

Place
Nelleva
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380240
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Brazos County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.45464920°
  • Longitude: -96.18634790°