Neuse Store, TX


By: Oscar Haas

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Neuse Store is a ghost town in eastern Comal County on the old Austin road two miles northeast of New Braunfels. It was settled in 1847, when Adam Neuse and Heinrich Wanschaff bought fifty acres of prairie land in the Albert C. Horton league. Neuse established a store which was long a landmark in the community but was abandoned with improved transportation.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Oscar Haas, “Neuse Store, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/neuse-store-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Neuse Store
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Comal County