New Birthright, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

New Birthright, a farming community a mile west of Birthright and nine miles northeast of Sulphur Springs in north central Hopkins County, developed around the time of World War II, when residents from old Birthright moved there to be closer to the junction of State highways 19 and 154 and Farm Road 71. In the late 1940s the community had several businesses, a church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered houses. By the early 1960s only the church, the cemetery, and a few houses remained. During the late 1980s New Birthright was a dispersed rural community.

Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage. (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “New Birthright, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/new-birthright-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

Loading