New Hope, TX (Denton County)


By: Lisa C. Maxwell

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


New Hope was on New Hope Road just west of U.S. Highway 377, three miles south of Aubrey, and ten miles northeast of Denton in central Denton County. New Hope was shown on a 1918 map as a community with a church, a school, and several houses. Its school in 1935 had thirty-seven students and two teachers. In 1948 the New Hope school district was consolidated with the Aubrey district. New Hope was shown on a 1964 map. By the 1980s, however, though the church and cemetery remained, the site was no longer known as a distinct community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Lisa C. Maxwell, “New Hope, TX (Denton County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/new-hope-tx-denton-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

Place
New Hope
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1388194
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Denton County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.23456300°
  • Longitude: -96.98861830°