New Taiton is on State Highway 71 and Farm Road 961, five miles south of Taiton in northwestern Wharton County. The 1936 county highway map showed a factory, a church, and scattered dwellings at the townsite. In the 1960s the community had a cotton gin and three other businesses. By 1989 the nearby New Taiton gas field had been developed, and the town had grown to include a factory, four other businesses, a town hall, a church, and a cemetery. New Taiton is on a mail route from El Campo.