Noland's River, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Noland's River was once a rural community two miles north of the Johnson-Hill county line in southwestern Johnson County. Its settlement occurred sometime in the late 1850s. Community growth was sporadic; the post office operated from 1858 to 1866, closed for seven years, then reopened and operated between 1873 and 1881. When it was bypassed by the railroads that crisscrossed the county in the 1880s, residents and businesses abandoned Noland's River and moved to the closest railroad town, Rio Vista. By the turn of the twentieth century, the community had disappeared.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Noland's River, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/nolands-river-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Nolands River
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Johnson County
Associated Names

Nolan's-