Norias is on the Missouri Pacific Railroad and U.S. Highway 77 thirty-two miles south of Sarita in southwestern Kenedy County. Noria is a Spanish word for "well." The St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway was completed into the area in 1904. Norias was owned and operated by the King Ranch as a shipping point and division headquarters. In 1948 the settlement had a railroad station, a school, and an airway beacon. In 1982 it had several farm units, a cemetery, and a few dwellings. It was a dispersed community in the early 1990s.